Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Chemical clients to seek a Test Fabrication Support Technician to work in their facilities located in Wixom, Mi on a 9-months contract.
As a Test Fabrication Support Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring test catalysts are modified as needed to support required testing. This includes changes to accommodate instrumentation and fit. In addition, you may have responsibilities associated with the ongoing maintenance and possible repair of various test facilities and/or equipment.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Perform the test part modifications as defined.
- Complete light fabrication work as needed.
- Assist with the repair and maintenance and calibration of various mechanical equipment, including Engine and/or Chassis Roll Dynamometers; Test Cell and/or Dyno controllers; Welding and pipe fabrication; Routine vehicle and/or Engine maintenance; Vehicle exhaust system components.
Previous education & experience required:
- High school education is required
- Must be computer literate, familiar with basic MS Office Suite tools, mainly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must be able to utilize general shop equipment, e.g. band saw, drill press, grinders, and power hand tools.
- 5 years related fabrication/welding experience is a plus
- Work experience with engines, mechanical systems, test systems is desired.