Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are currently working with a Major Oil & Gas contractor to source for Principal Structural Engineer. This is a full-time role on an initial 1-year contract based in Perth, Australia. Please see details below;
Title: Principal Structural Engineer
Start Date: Negotiable (typically within 1 month notice)
Type: Full-time 1 Year Contract (potential for extension)
Location: Perth, WA
You will bring your niche advanced analysis skills and structural analysis experience in offshore facilities to support on-going work with our oil and gas partner in various life extension projects of topsides and substructures. You will also have proven skills to lead a small team in supporting our team delivering onshore projects which focuses on operational efficiency as well as investment in carbon abatement projects.
- Reporting to the lead structural engineer, deliver structural engineering services that meet the Company, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Be responsible for scoping and technical delivery of advanced structural analysis of structural relating to offshore as well as onshore facilities.
- Perform supporting tasks such as:
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures.
- Clarification of project scope and identify changes to the lead structural engineer as per project change management processes.
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc. Support technical development of solutions, recommendations and creates final documentation for project deliverables.
- If required, supervise structural drafting to deliver project requirements
- Support the lead structural engineer on specific projects where the responsibility includes:
- Scope management
- Promotion of workshare between various offices
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer’s requirement
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the Company and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in structural engineering.
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Bachelor of Structural/Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree
- 15 years plus experience in structural engineering design in the energy sector
- Previous experience in advanced analysis work in fracture mechanics, pushover analysis and other non-linear analysis
- Keen attitude to learn new design tools as well modes project delivery
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
TECHNICAL AND INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of Finite Element Analysis program in Abaqus is desirable. Familiarity with other similar program is acceptable.
- Familiarity with offshore analysis programs such as SACS, SESAM or similar
- Competent in the use of Spacegass and/or StaadPro
- Agile with working in multiple platforms and environment including the use of 365 suite and various other collaboration tools
- Worked in team with diverse background
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details, or send the same to firstname.lastname@example.org