We are currently recruiting a Principal Signalling Engineer to lead, manage and develop the signalling design team of one of Australia’s largest rail engineering divisions, part of a global tier 1 consultancy.
As the Team Leader you will be responsible for managing scope and monitoring multiple projects with varying complexity and size.
- Provide consultative subject matter expertise and design management at a senior level across an array of signalling projects, in both the conventional and digital signalling space (ETCS/CBTC).
- Actively and willingly become involved in business development, providing support to other leaders within the rail business, and work towards building relationships with new and existing clients
- Utilising your technical knowledge to understand clients’ needs, to suggest the most effective solutions
- Oversee the development of junior members of the team in both signalling design and business development
- Oversee / prepare proposals, detailed tender submissions for clients and negotiate contracts
- Setting and managing budgets; responsibility for negotiating agreements with customers and suppliers in order to achieve financial targets.
- Ensure the overall quality of designs, and that projects are completed to a high standard
- Confidently engage with key stakeholders by utilising technical domain expertise to resolve highly complex engineering issues
- Accountable for significant and complex activities or projects, predicting and planning future resources.
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Eligibility to obtain RPEQ/Chartership
- Experience managing or mentoring signalling design teams
- 10+ years’ experience in Signalling design, with a profound knowledge of signalling principles and overall understanding of other rail disciplines such as track/civils, overhead wiring, CSR, electrification etc.
- IRSE Membership
- ETCS experience
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.