Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Principal Rotating Equipment Engineer to join them in Schiedam, the Netherlands, on a 1-year (with great chances of extension) contract.
In the role of Principal Rotating Equipment Engineer you will be either leading a project team of several mechanical package engineers or act as a package engineer yourselves, handling the major packages on a project. As a package engineer you will be involved in the selection and optimization of the best fitting and most economic equipment for a particular application. In addition, you will be responsible for all technical related matters after the equipment has been purchased and make sure that the equipment is properly integrated into the overall offshore installation. You will play a key role in assuring that the equipment complies with all technical requirements including applicable rules and regulations, international standards and client specifications. Further you will take care that the appropriate quality is provided and that the design is safe, maintainable, and well operable.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Preparation of specifications
- Performing technical evaluations
- Liaise with purchasing department
- Intermediate between equipment supplier & internal engineering disciplines
- Coordinate the integration of equipment
- Vendors document review
- Inspection of equipment
- MSc or BSc degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in the oil and gas industry, of which at least 3 years in a leading role, and you have a thorough knowledge of rotating equipment
- You are familiar with the applicable industry design codes and standards
- Knowledge of typical process – marine and mechanical systems on offshore installations is an advantage
- Pragmatic approach, commercial attitude and well developed leadership and communication skills