Our client, a major EPC company that specialized in FPSO Industry, is seeking a Principal Rotating Equipment Engineer to work within their facilities located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a contract position.
As the Principal Rotating Equipment Engineer, you utilize your technical expertise to develop safe and quality solutions in support of project and discipline requirements with minimal guidance. You ensure successful resolution of complex technical issues to meet project and discipline deliverables. You engage with peers across Regional Centers to promote knowledge sharing and acts as a consultant and mentor to less experienced engineers to ensure knowledge transfer, product memory, and application of best practices.
The Principal Rotating Equipment Engineer works in conjunction with Discipline Manager, Discipline Leads, Supply Chain and Construction to seek continuous improvement in both quality and efficiency of work.
***Due to current situation, kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the role and local candidates preferred, thanks! ***
Relevant Experience Requirements:
- Experienced as Lead Engineer / Team Leader / Supervisor
- Excellent design and operational knowledge of rotating equipment such as Gas Turbine (Power Generation & Mechanical Drive), gas compressor, pumps, etc.
- Basic knowledge of static and package equipment such as pressure vessels, Gas Dehydration System, Seawater Treatment System, Gas Treatment/Conditioning System, etc.
- Experience in FPSO FEED & especially EPC projects.
- Good knowledge of FPSO process design and systems.
- Familiar with class rules (ABS, BV, DNV, etc.) and international codes & standards. Knowledge of Brazilian rules and regulations an added advantage.
- Mechanical handling knowledge is an added advantage.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 15 Years of Experience
- Chartered or Professional Engineer with recognized professional organization / association.