Airswift has been tasked by one of our Oil & Gas clients to seek a Principal Rotating Engineer to work in Houston, TX for an initial 6-month contract.
Lead rotating equipment engineer for Blue Ammonia Project.
- Supervise, manage, direct and lead the rotating equipment discipline team in the PDP, FEED and detailed design phases of a major EPC projects.
- Interface and coordination with other disciplines.
- Work activities include collection and interpretation of engineering data and development of project design basis
- Ensure conformance to applicable government regulations, engineering codes and standards as well as company QA system, policies and procedures.
- Development of specifications and review client specifications procedures
- Prepare datasheets (typically API style datasheets)
- Prepare Inspection Attributes List
- Prepare Schedule of Required Vendor Documents
- Prepare technical requirements and requisitions
- Pro-active review and management of vendor technical submittals
- Develop project reference manuals
- Prepares rotating equipment and driver selection reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information on the various options for equipment selection.
- Provides engineering support by answering technical questions and requests.
- Identification, submittal and resolution of scope changes and deviations
- Estimate man-hours, staffing, forecasting, and participating in the development of the project schedule, tracking status, maintaining completion of mechanical deliverables on schedule and change management.
- BSME or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience writing specifications, performing equipment selections, studies, requisitions, technical bid evaluation and vendor document reviews.
- 5+ years’ experience managing/leading the rotating equipment engineers on major olefins, refinery or chemical projects in a PMC, home office or expatriate role.
- In-depth knowledge of API, AGMA and ASME standards as they pertain to compressors and other rotating equipment.
- The ability to evaluate compressors in both grass roots and rerate applications including thermodynamic evaluation, rotor dynamics and flow limitations.
- Experience with LNG and Olefins compressors and their drivers (steam turbine, large electric motor and gas turbine) a must.
- Software knowledge should include Microsoft Office applications.
- Professional licensure.