Airswift is seeking a Project Manager to work for our client in Nuclear industry for a 1 year contract in Washington state.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing major projects for company using established project management methodology and needs to be proficient in all aspects of project management (including large scale complex multidiscipline projects) with the ability to mentor and lead others including, but not limited to:
- Lead project teams of typically over 10 people.
- Typically assign complex multidiscipline projects and programs where strong leadership is required. Establish priorities within projects and maintains a general knowledge of all aspects of the projects within responsibility scope.
- Direct the activities of project teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must establish goals, set priorities, and maintain an awareness of interrelationships among activities.
- Maintain a broad knowledge base of new technologies and industry trends as related to assigned projects
- Monitor project management processes and recommends changes to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage project budgets, interacting closely with the finance organization and the project controls group
- Coordinate with other project and line managers
- Coach/mentor other project managers
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Advanced project management techniques at Commercial Nuclear Power Plants or similar facility
- MSR experience
- Possess strong project management skills and abilities, including leading projects and initiatives.
- Ability to develop cost to benefit analysis in support of major maintenance project options.
- Ability to apply applicable technical specifications, code requirements, and standard.
- Project Management experience in commercial nuclear power plant system(s) replacements/upgrades.
- PMP Project Management Professional Certification
• Supervisory Experience
• Project management and budget process software
• Evaluating organizational, personal, technical, and effective maintenance programs, procedures, schedules, and performance
• Code and regulatory requirements as they relate to maintenance and engineering work activities
• Procedures and processes related to maintenance and engineering activities
• Skilled in software programs such as passport and MS Office programs