PRINCIPAL PROCESS ENGINEER
Location: Hybrid working (WFH balanced with attendance at any of the London, Manchester or Stockton offices)
Contract duration: initial 12 month assignment, potential to extend
Contract type: inside IR35 – PAYE contract
Start Date: ASAP
Project: Battery Giga-factory, Sweden
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
As a leading global provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be in a position to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans in 2022.
We are currently recruiting for a number of Principal Process Engineer(s) for a billion-dollar, international, large chemicals processing facility project being delivered from our London / Manchester / Stockton office(s). The project will contribute towards European energy transition targets through the delivery of sustainable battery materials for transportation. You will provide process engineering services, including technical support and supervision within the process engineering team.
The successful individual(s) will be engaged on a PAYE contract basis for an initial 12 month period, with the likelihood of further renewals to follow (expected 2+ years of work on the project).
- Manage process engineering services that meet business, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage process engineering project requirements.
- Manage process engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the process engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet business, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between business and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in process engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the process engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the process engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Technical and Industry Experience
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to business and its clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the process engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and process engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in process engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education, Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.