Airswift are looking for an experienced power systems engineer for a client that has a dominant presence in the renewable energy sector. Our client is a renowned engineering and construction business and are looking to expand their power systems engineering team in Brisbane. This is an exciting opportunity for a power systems engineer to work with the national power systems and connections team who has extensive experience in power systems analysis and working in consultative engineering.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, this role is based in Brisbane. The role delivers specialist technical expertise relating to power and water utilities, industrials, mines, and conventional generation energy developers and electrical contractors.
Location – Brisbane
Duration – Full time – Permanent
- Provide expert technical leadership and knowledge to the connection and power systems team
- Provide technical mentoring and coaching to the Network Development technical staff
- Conceptualise, develop and implement innovative solutions to complex technical problems through engineering skill
- Proactively drives to expand the organisation’s position and reputation as the trusted advisor to Developers, Market Participants, Government Agencies and other stakeholders
- Resolve modelling, generator and system performance issues and provide technical solutions.
- Prepare, review and approve detailed technical reports
- Provide technical leadership and authority while representing the organisation at both internal and external forums
- Provide expert advice to NSPs and connection applicants on technical issues.
- Lead connection projects and provide expert guidance and solutions for technical issues.
- Engage with original equipment manufacturers of both synchronous and non-synchronous generation equipment to develop innovation in technology to meet the technical issues
- Be an active member of professional working groups to raise the organisation’s profile and inject key technical matters into the international forum of engineering and energy systems
- Electrical Engineering degree (Member of Engineers Australia or eligible for membership as MIEAust)
- RPEQ (or CPEng)
- Extensive experience in design and modelling power system projects (minimum 10 years)
- Competent with PSCAD, DIgSILENT, SINCAL and/or PSS®E software
- Strong knowledge of the National Electricity Rules
- Experience with training/mentoring junior engineers
- Right to work in Australia
- Masters or PhD in electrical engineering would be highly regarded
- Managing and interfacing with AEMO, Transmission NSPs, Distribution NSPs and/or clients
- Experience with onsite generator testing for compliance and power system model validation
- Experience working in an engineering consultancy
- Knowledge and experience in high voltage protection systems, and/or generator control systems for large scale grid connected traditional and renewable generation and BESS
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.