Airswift has been tasked to invite an experienced Principal Piping Engineer to consider a role with one of our clients. The Principal Piping Engineer is responsible for the preparation of major piping layout, MTO sketch, and 3D CAD model review on piping system, equipment and structure, and interference detection.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To study ITB, project and design basis such as scope of work, overall project schedule, basic design data, client specification, client standard drawings, existing drawings, and plot plan.
- To assist in planning and organizing piping engineering activities and manpower requirement for the project.
- To assist in developing piping engineering and design schedule, manpower requirements, manhour distribution and execution plan based on the scope of work and approved budget manhour/schedule.
- To coordinate piping design and engineering effort with other area Lead Engineers and disciplines of the project.
- To prepare piping information list and layout and document list following standard procedure created for the project.
- To prepare piping general specification inclusive of specification for piping arrangement, piping support standards.
- To interpret and evaluate stress/vibration analysis result and provides necessary recommendation on resolving the method of analysis.
- To develop conceptual routing, piping layout and piping information of major critical equipment of the project such as tower/column, airfin coolers, heaters, compressors and reactors, preferably in 3D CAD format.
- To check and review all work such as piping layout and information prepared by Engineers, 3D model, MTO, BQ and other deliverables of the project for compliance to project standards or specifications, applicable codes, contract requirements, quality standards and accepted engineering and construction practices.
- To check and review piping material specification (line classes), specifications/requisitions for bulk and special piping components, vendor quotation evaluations and verifications of vendor documents and piping material take-off prepared by engineers for compliance to project standards or specifications, applicable codes, contract requirements, quality standards and accepted engineering and construction practices.
- To provide field engineering support/advice towards piping installation and testing at construction site.
- To perform the function inherent to Piping Key Person as designated by Piping Department Manager.
- To evaluate the performance of and provide counseling and guidance to members of the project.
- To identify and recommend training programs including cross training of piping staff within the team in collaboration with the Department Manager.
- To prepare lesson learned upon completion of the project and recommend preventive actions to avoid recurrence on future projects to Piping Design Supervisor.
- To perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Department Manager.
- To carry out engineering support work during the construction phase of the project.
- Bachelor degree of any four years BS Engineering course preferably Mechanical Engineering or at least fifteen (15) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years in the field of piping design involving detailed design, stress evaluation, production work, 3D model review, and construction engineering support, five (5) years of which in a supervisory capacity.
- Good Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Basic knowledge of 3D Model review through Naviswork or SPR.
- Interpretation of stress/vibration analysis report.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical information, contracts reports and instructions.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients and ability to write effective minutes of meeting and other related business communications.
- Strong leadership qualities and analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Good interpersonal and communication.