Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking an Instrument & Control Systems Field Coordinator to work within their facilities located in Roxanna, Illinois for long term contract 1+ year assignment.
Coordinate the installation of instrument and control systems during construction on assigned projects, typically large and complex projects. Inspect, checkout and verify proper operation of instrument and control systems prior to turnover to Owner. Assist in commissioning and startup as required.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Study and understand all E&I drawings specifications and installation requirements.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with E&I contractor personnel.
- Coordinate E&I construction activities with other contractors.
- Provide technical assistance to E&I contractor regarding drawing interpretation.
- Provide technical assistance to E&I contractor regarding resolution of documentation
- Perform or supervise the inspection of E&I equipment installations to ensure compliance with project drawings, specifications and applicable codes.
- Perform or supervise the checkout of all instrumentation components and systems.
- Document the instrument checkout and coordinate the turnover and Owner acceptance of completed loops.
- Monitor E&I contractor’s actual % completion versus reported % completion.
- Develop E&I punchlists and monitor satisfactory completion of punchlist items.
- AAS in Engineering Technology or equivalent training, with 8+ years relevant experience, with advanced knowledge of instrument and control systems, typically gained through a combination of experience and continuing education.
- Knowledgeable in ISA and NEC standards.
- Familiarity with tools and equipment used in calibration and testing of instrumentation and control systems and practices.
- Knowledgeable in pneumatic and electronic instruments, with an understanding of process control loops and process control systems.
- Training in specialized subjects such as theory of process control, analog and digital electronics, microprocessors and computers, and the operation of various types of field instrumentation.
Work Schedule: 5 days a week/ 40 hours