Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for a "Principal Engineer Rotating Equipment" to work on a contract role in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia.
Provide technical equipment engineering advice and support to operations, onshore engineers, and production engineering teams. Develop and optimize maintenance program in accordance to maintenance strategy as well as providing short and long-term strategies and plans to continuously improve reliability to ensure rotating equipment operations are executed in a timely and cost-effective manner. The nature of technical advisory includes:
- Provide leadership in driving safe, reliable and cost-effective design change, as well as review vendor/contractor’s engineering proposal for new rotating equipment purchase.
- Provides consultation views to Facilities Engineering and Small Projects, responsible and accountable for design upgrades of rotating equipment and ancillary systems.
- Participate in defining inspection and test plan for new rotating equipment.
- Provide support to restore equipment operability as per design intent.
- Participate in identifying process change and advise safe equipment operating envelope.
- Support cross functional group for long term solution, provide guidance on turbo machinery problem diagnostics, technical audits & benchmarking.
- Ensure the planning for and incorporation of mechanical rotating equipment reliability in “front-end loading” for new / redesigned equipment and facilities. Responsible as the Technical Authority for KBB rotating equipment and turbomachinery operations and maintenance.
- Accountable as Technical Authority for all rotating equipment on the KBB facilities and analyse and approve deviation from standards and practices as appropriate. Accountable for review and update of performance standard sections related to rotating equipment.
- Provide support by assisting in development of maintenance strategy, conduct optimization program, troubleshoot rotating equipment failures, identify and analyze failures and equipment histories, and trends; recommend and implement procedures, strategies, equipment or designs to improve rotating equipment operation in compliance to established company guidelines, policies, procedures and statutory regulations.
- Establish FMEA and maintenance strategy and conduct continuous improvement program, facilitate Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) exercise, oversee continuous KPI monitoring and reporting method.
- Review and make recommendations to line organization concerning changes in work scope, job specifications, task descriptions, CMMS scheduling, task instruction relating to mechanical rotating equipment that are recommended by offshore or onshore employees to ensure that these equipment functions safely and productively.
- Provide guidance and technical support to Operation Support group concerning rotating equipment and associated system to ensure that offshore equipment and machinery function safely and productively, with the objective of meeting business goals for production and minimizing unscheduled equipment downtime. Mechanical rotating equipment are, but not limited to: compressors, pumps, turbines, and any moving parts of the platform machineries.
- Accountable for rotating Spares Management by providing support to Maintenance Team to determine the warehouse stock requirements and recommend inventory levels for all rotating equipment by implementing reasonable spares management.
- Responsible as The Company Site Representative for Turbomachinery (GTC & GTG) Long Term Service Agreement supporting Maintenance Team as Contract Holder and :
- Work closely with Contractor to improve contractor performance.
- Support policies, goals, efforts and programs of the The Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Management System. Ensure HSE issues are given primary consideration in all activities undertaken within area of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable environmental and safety regulations.
- Conducts safety audits of facilities and recommends changes to prevent damage
- Make recommendations and provide oversight on appropriate repairs for mechanical rotating equipment as well as documentation of those repairs.
- Supports Maintenance Team for making appropriate preventive and corrective maintenance repair scopes recommendations for rotating equipment for both daily and turnaround maintenance.
- Participate in evaluating bids and provide advice to line organization of best "all round" offers regarding on-site and off-site repairs and materials procurement including qualifying of contractors and performing quality assurance surveys.
- Responsible for CAPEX relating to rotating equipment scopes and support Maintenance team in the preparation of maintenance budgets and controlling costs within approved budget limits.
- Responsible/accountable for major rotating equipment (gas turbine, compressor bundles and critical pumps) overhaul, testing and approval of work scope(s)/test results at Vendors facility. Accountable for service bulletins and work with Maintenance team for implementation of them.
- Provide QA/QC surveillance of ongoing repair work on rotating equipment.
- Ensure surveillance audit is conducted on SCE related PMs to ensure the assurance task as per the Performance Standard are met.
- Ensure verification task are completed as required by the SCE Performance Standard.
- Minimum bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering Discipline.
- Minimum 15-20 years of working experience in Rotating Equipment engineering experience in the Oil & Gas industry, preferably in an offshore environment.
- Self-starter able to develop strategies and tactics with regards to onshore and offshore support for The Company and the KBB facilities.
- Team Player, able to develop a strong relationship with all functions in the The Company team, comfortable working in a multi-company, multi-cultural environment.
- Promotes knowledge sharing in The Company and externally by sharing experience and seeking knowledge from other stakeholder organizations through effective use of partner knowledge sharing systems.
- Solid understanding of management of process safety and use of Management of Change procedures in relation to Rotating Equipment.
- Able to manage a group of multi-discipline engineers in engine or rotor replacement
- Proven staff leadership skills.
- Experience in initiating plant change type of projects and following up with discipline teams on
- Technical authority experience for rotating equipment engineering for a minimum of 5 years.
- Strong skills and experience in oil and gas process, rotating machinery and compressors operations.
- Priority to Sabahan applicants.
- Malaysian applicants only.