Our client seeks a Principal Contract Specialist for a part time role (20 hours a week) for a Perth based contract, 3 month initial duration, there is the potential for an extension on this role
- Assessment of contractual claims under the supervision of the Site Lead Contracts Advisor, with the support of the EPCM contracts team.
- Upon receipt of the claims file from the PT, review and analyze claims and provide analysis and recommendations to assist the PT to determine a course of action.
- Work closely with PL to receive legal advice and action where applicable in respect of claims matters (under LPP as appropriate).
- Draft responses to Contractor claims and/or correspondence in an objective and contractual manner.
- Ensure any written outputs in respect of claims matters are reviewed by the relevant PL prior to distribution
- Draft initial and final written reports (note privilege requirements) for PT review. (Redraft as necessary, negotiation plans/strategies in line with approvals).
- Support PT in claims negotiations.
- Ensure the “claim file” (softcopy evidence of discoverable material in event of a Dispute when all documentation is handed over to Formal Dispute Legal Team).