Airswift are currently recruiting for a Primary Design Engineer to be based in one of our client’s offices. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced primary design engineer to join a leading organisation with a dominant presence in the renewable energy sector. Our client has a strong team that operate in the engineering of substations and HV infrastructure in the renewable energy sector.
Location – Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney
Duration – Full time – Permanent
- Assist with Project Management in specialist areas of expertise; provide technical and engineering assistance to Project Managers.
- Support the internal project teams to deliver high complexity HV & Electrical work: Liaise with clients and external stakeholders where necessary to provide clear communication and path forward on project technical issues.
- Be the ultimate decision maker on any HV & Electrical engineering issue that cannot be resolved by the team
- Present risks in key decisions via one- off and regular meetings.
- Lead the company into areas of design not previously delivered. Primary substation designs for 166kV.
- Be responsible for HV & Electrical engineering knowledge management
- Work closely with the Principal Engineer (Power Systems) and the broader engineering team identify and address technical issues and gaps related to HV & Electrical design. As appropriate, escalate to the leadership team.
- Support Head of Consulting by identifying required technical resources in conjunction with the Principal Engineer (Power Systems).
- Support Head of Sales and provide technical input/risk in the development of proposals & new offers.
- Be the subject matter expert or reviewer level in the areas of HV & Electrical design and engineering. Co-ordinate technical skills with the Principal Engineer (Power Systems) to provide subject matter reviewer level coverage of company deliverables
- Be accountable for quality of HV & Electrical engineering delivers. Provide oversight into HV & Electrical engineering skill requirements and review training requests for engineering team members.
- Be an internal consulting expert to be brought in on projects and opportunities that need specialist HV & Electrical engineering / review.
- 3+ years of experience
- High voltage engineering expertise including >66kV substation design
- Ability to develop and design HV protection schemes for renewable energy systems.
- Network (OH/UG) line design/installation
- Experience working with / for Network Service Providers (NSPs)
- Good inter-personal & communication skills
- Ability to work with the team, contribute to the spirit and ethos of CTP
- Evidence of high-level ability in the preparation of Engineering Drawings
- Experience in the development of designs associated with HV primary systems including, cable/load flow and earthing studies
- Formal qualifications in Engineering
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.