Airswift has been tasked by one of its key clients to look for a Power Systems Engineer to work in Texas City, TX.
The Power Systems Engineer will also support the development of training programs, manage the Site Technical Practices for power systems, support the Asset Maintenance Engineers, and drive continuous improvement in work execution processes.
- Maintains and improves the safety and availability of power systems (main substation feeders to unit main breakers) throughout the site.
- Develops sound operations and maintenance strategies for site power systems.
- Develops a long-term reliability plan for the site ‘s electrical infrastructure and high voltage motors that is aligned with the site goals
- Provides technical support and assists with the execution of power systems maintenance work
- Provides technical support for all emergency/after-hours power systems work that requires troubleshooting and scope definition
- Provides electrical design review on the Front-End Loading stages of Capital Expenditure projects to ensure that final product meets site standards
- Leads/conducts formal root cause failure analysis
- Supports turnaround field work to ensure quality and compliance with construction packages
- Supports unit startups for critical equipment after major repairs
- Participates in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) as needed
- Manages major maintenance projects and capital projects generated from long-term reliability planS
- Assists with the development/updates of maintenance procedures, including specialized Lock-Out Tag Out (LOTO)
- Assists with training Operations personnel on modifications to equipment
- Creates and revises preventive maintenance procedures as necessary
- Identifies gaps and drives continuous improvement in the engineering work processes and the maintenance work processes
- Assists the Asset Maintenance Engineers with technical support for power systems work; root cause failure analysis for electrical failures; and TAR support for electrical equipment
- Maintains Emergency / Surgical Shutdown Worklist (non-PM)
- Supports the site Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Compliance with and promotion of different behavioral and process safety initiatives and measures – supporting SHE Principles, IGGN’s, SHE KPI’s, risk assessments
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering required
- 10 years experience in maintenance or reliability engineering role, with exposure to electrical infrastructure and high voltage power systems troubleshooting and maintenance in a plant environment
- SHE Skills