Airswift is seeking a Polymer Lab Technician to work for our client in Charlotte, NC for a 1 year contract.
This position will have primary responsibility of supporting the Polymer Laboratory. Executing all facets of development and applications testing including:
- Operation of laboratory scale solvent and water phase polymerization reactors
- Preparation of chemical solutions and reaction preparations
- Screening application requests and communicating with requestors to clarify needs.
- Timely entering, updating and closing projects in a database.
- Generating consistent, reliable data and interpreting it.
- Communicating interim and final results in appropriate detail via written reports, emails, phone calls.
- Preparing project materials for shipment to colleagues and customers.
- Maintaining an archive of project materials.
- Maintaining and operating testing equipment & instruments.
- Measuring physical properties of specimens using viscometers, particle size analyzers, rheometers and other instruments.
- Generating ideas that improve the safety, efficiency and/or the overall effectiveness of the laboratory and its team.
- Authoring and/or updating procedures.
- Maintaining neat and organized lab common spaces including project files.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelors or Associates degree in science (preferably Chemistry) or 5+ years relevant experience is required.
- Must be capable of working in a structured environment where activities are governed by written procedures.
- Must have a strong sense of work ethic and self motivation. Must operate with a high sense of urgency.
- Must be able to work comfortably in a team environment and also effectively on an individual basis.
- Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable with email, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint. Controls hardware and software experience is a plus.
- Experience with polymer processing and testing equipment is desirable.
- Must have the highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be highly organized, flexible and capable of adapting to priority changes on a daily basis.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude is desirable.
- Qualified individual will be capable of full shifts of light physical activity, full days of desk work and combinations of both.