Airswift has been tasked by one of its keys clients to find a Polymer Lab Technician to join their team on a 1-year contract working in Charlotte, NC.
- Will execute all facets of development and applications testing including:
- Operation of laboratory scale solvent and water phase polymerization reactors
- Preparation of chemical solutions and reaction preparations
- Screening application requests and communicating with requestors to clarify needs.
- Timely entering, updating and closing projects in a database.
- Generating consistent, reliable data and interpreting it.
- Communicating interim and final results in appropriate detail via written reports, emails, phone calls.
- Preparing project materials for shipment to colleagues and customers.
- Maintaining an archive of project materials.
- Maintaining and operating testing equipment & instruments.
- Measuring physical properties of specimens using viscometers, particle size analyzers, rheometers and other instruments.
- Generating ideas that improve the safety, efficiency and/or the overall effectiveness of the laboratory and its team.
- Authoring and/or updating procedures.
- Maintaining neat and organized lab common spaces including project files.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in science (preferably Chemistry) or 5+ years relevant experience is required.
- Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable with email, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Controls hardware and software experience is a plus.
- Good mechanical aptitude is desirable.