Our client is looking for a Sr Project Manager to support their nuclear facility in WA.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing major projects for our client using established project management methodology. The level of responsibility is projects with budgets in excess of $1,000,000. The purpose of this position is to achieve project objectives through focused planning, scheduling, and control of project activities. The Project Manager will also assist as a Project Estimator (PE) is responsible to scope, develop, coordinate, and communicate all levels of project and program estimates in support of Project Management. The PM will develop Preliminary estimates, Rough Order of Magnitude estimates, Budgetary estimates, and Definitive estimates as required by the project type and complexity. The PM will interface on a regular basis with Project Managers and will attend management level meetings as necessary (example is PRC). The PE will develop and maintain the estimating program and computer based estimating templates and tables. The PE will hold and electronically store / maintain all current estimate revisions and back up information. The PE will provide input to and operate under PM-2-8 (Project Estimating).
Outage work includes: the removal and 10-year inspection of (1) LP turbine rotor, replacement of (6) turbine flow control valves, replacement of (3) MSR relief valves, main generator and exciter inspections and other ancillary system / component inspections.
This position performs the following to support the safe and efficient work execution of the Turbine Service Contractor:
• Procedure and work instruction reviews, input and validation.
• Outage scope and schedule reviews, input and validation.
• Lead turbine contractor craft supervisors in a detailed scope and work instruction review. Review(s) to include: material and tooling validation, dose reduction planning, and detailed work activity schedule reviews to include EN shop and support coordination (Site Support Contractor, I&C, Elec, Security, Rad Protection, Information Services, etc.
(ALL support must be scheduled for visibility / accountability).
• Coordinate turbine services contractor mobilization and compliance with laydown plan (pumps & motors project will require space on T501’ in R25).
• Coordinate refurbished LP turbine rotor unpacking (SSC), heavy lift/transport to turbine building (Barnhart), high-risk lift to T501’ elevation and blade installation (Siemens).
• Conduct informal daily industrial safety observations and provide coaching/feedback as appropriate.