The PLC Technician reports to the Lead Instrument Technician and/or on demand to I&C Supervisor responsible for commissioning and start-up activities for all PLC/MMS loops, and UCP’s in the FLNG Topside and Hull systems in line with established CSU/OTP procedures
The role will have the necessary PLC automation/integration skills and experience to support all PLC/MMS commissioning and start-up activities as required, as part of the O&M Team. Once commissioned systems are handed over at RFSU the role will conduct PLC/MMS maintenance, fault diagnostics and repair activities within the facility to provide optimal availability and reliability in compliance with all HSE standards.
The role is responsible for maintaining the facility PLC/MMS systems, network, UCP, hardware and software, supporting training functions, optimisation of control, maintenance and optimisation of user interfaces, integration with package vendors, systems, and supporting system MOC functions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualification: CompSc / Software Engineering (HND/Degree in/or equivalent technical based automation qualification)
- TUV Functional Safety Engineer (SIS) Certification
- Ten (10) years’ combined experience in Oil and Gas Operations in an automation role (including system integration, commissioning, maintenance and fault finding activities), preferably on FLNG or LNG projects.
- Experience with Cause & Effect Testing / Verification / Charts and Matrices
- Thorough understanding of pre-commissioning / commissioning process for ICSS-PLC Integration
- Technical knowledge of PTW systems, HSE and Environment Management systems.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Standard Package.
- Working knowledge of CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System, preferably SAP)