Plant Process Engineer
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and technology industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift has been tasked by one of our clients to seek a Plant Engineer, with a Process background, to work at their Chemical facility in La Negra (SE of Antofagasta), Chile on a 5/2 rotation. MUST be bilingual in Spanish and English and be a Chilean National.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Prepare and review of all kinds of Process engineering activities and deliverables, Process Simulation, HMB, PFD, Process Datasheets, P&IDs, Hydraulic calculations etc.
- Perform process design calculations for Vessels, Tanks, Pumps, Heat Exchanger, Columns etc.
- Have hands on experience of various simulation software
- Evaluate of various relief scenarios, estimation of PSV relief load and PSV sizing calculations
- Have experience of participation in various Process Safety studies
- Take ownership for deliverables produced and their quality
Previous education and experience required:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering from reputable institute is required
- 5-10 years of overall process engineering experience is required
- 3+ years with Fine Chemistry
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish
- Must be a Chilean National
- Work as a team member and proactively foster a cooperative work environment
- Work independently without daily supervision and be self-motivated
- Gather/analyze information, draw conclusions, make recommendations and implement solutions
- High level organizational, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Possess excellent mechanical, technical, and mathematical aptitudes
- Be adept at using a personal computer and associated software
- Satisfactory background check and drug screen.