Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Plant Operator to work within their facilities located in Fort McMurray, AB for a 12-month assignment.
• Responsibly and consistently monitors and operates the plant through a control room.
• Conducts surveillance of operating equipment and critical parameters, while keeping accurate operations logs.
• May prepare equipment for maintenance and perform maintenance and preventative inspections.
• Identifies improvement opportunities and work with others to implement changes.
• Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of COP's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
• Senior level, typically 7+ years of experience.
• Provides more technical support than administrative support.
• Must have WHIMIS certification and H2S Alive
• Prior experience working in a large O&G Plant preferably in Alberta Oil Sands
• Typically viewed as a technical/functional specialist in discipline.
• Ability to apply extensive knowledge and experience to a wide variety of situations.
• Recommends solutions to complex problems.
• Performs major accountabilities.
• Typically acts as a lead in the technical/functional area, coordinating the work of others, but is not a supervisor.
• Class 2 or 3 Steam Ticket a plus
Work schedule :14 days on/ 14 days off (Travel allowance is provided)