Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Plant Operator to work within their facilities located in Surmont, AB for a 6-month assignment.
- Responsibly and consistently monitors and operates the plant through a control room.
- Conducts surveillance of operating equipment and critical parameters, while keeping accurate operations logs.
- May prepare equipment for maintenance and perform maintenance and preventative inspections.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and work with others to implement changes.
- Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of COP's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Senior level, typically 7+ years of experience.
- WHIMS Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- H2S Awareness Training
- Control room experience
- Knowledge of HSE Regulations
- Knowledge of process controls
- Microsoft Office Experience
- The contractor is responsible for supplying their own PPE.
- Provides technical/functional and/or administrative support.
- General working knowledge of specific systems, terminology and procedures used within the department.
- Performs routine tasks. Able to solve problems and make basic decisions.
- Pass the background check, drug screen and MVR screen.
Work Schedule: 14 days on/ 14 days off