Our major client, a midstream operator, is seeking a Plant Operator to work within their facilities located in – Aurora, CO for a 6-month assignment (subject to extension).
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations
- Execute startup, shut down and operating procedures for compressors, furnaces, distillation towers, expanders, electric motors, fans, pumps, instrumentation, valves and alarms
- Operate the facility using a DCS and or SCADA system.
- Analyze flow streams using a gas chromatograph and make necessary process adjustments to maintain product specifications
- Perform minor maintenance of compressors, engines, pumps, controls, piping and valves
- Using analytical equipment available and making necessary process adjustments to ensure that the oil, NGL and gas leaving the facility meet product specifications.
- Perform minor maintenance of equipment included in the Oil Stabilization Units.
- Communicate needs to support staff for maintenance and repair when necessary.
- Communicate with IOC and other plants to ensure smooth, reliable operation.
- Generate daily production reports including liquid production, downtime and gas volumes
- Test product samples and make adjustments to preserve product quality and proper specifications
- Coordinate and oversee the transfer of liquid products
- Work outside in variable environmental conditions around heavy equipment
- Maintenance Experience
- Mechanical Skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in oil and gas production operations, gas processing, oil treatment or equivalent plant operator experience preferred
- Working knowledge of the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) standard and requirements.
- Ability to read and understand Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- One-year experience in oil and gas production operations preferred.
- Ability to work outside in variable environmental conditions around heavy equipment
- Ability to work effectively in a team-focused environment and within the Client's Core Values
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer skills required