Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Plant Engineer to work within their facilities located in Stratford, Connecticut for an initial 3-month contract, potential extension.
Within this position, you will be responsible for all aspects of the daily activities of the maintenance department as related to preventative maintenance, work orders and repairs, facilities, equipment, systems.
- Review engineering project and plant improvements and process changes
- Supervise maintenance operations
- Review and manage the budget for maintenance fixed and variable costs (ranges around $400K-$600K annually)
- Supervise and train maintenance employees
- Establish work schedules to meet maintenance department labor requirements for all work activity
- Participate in incident investigations as necessary
Previous education and experience required:
- 4+ years of technical degree
- 3-5 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of OSHA and NFPA (NEC)
- Knowledge of safety regulations, safe work practices and safety equipment
- Knowledge of industrial chemical processes, PFD’s (process flow diagrams), P&ID’s (piping & instrumentation diagrams)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD