Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring Planning Specialist to work for multi-billion Compression Project. This is a contract and residential role to be based in Qatar.
The Planning Specialist is responsible for the Project Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contract(s) schedule and all aspects of the Progress Measurement System. This includes development, maintenance, monitoring, controlling and integration of the EPC schedule(s) including verification and reporting in addition to ensuring that all activities comply with standardized processes and are delivered to the highest possible standards.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule for stewardship purposes.
- Advises project management of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends. Assists Business Manager/Head in developing and reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and verifies needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Monitors and appraises the performance of the Contractor compared to agreed control plans in the areas of progress and schedule control.
- Reviews and checks Contractor progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement. Verifies reviews and endorses claimed progress reported by the Contractor.
- Reviews, monitors and control the EPC Contractor’s schedules for all project activities for logic, level of detail, interfaces, etc (e.g., Level 3, Level 4, short-term look-ahead schedules).
- Reviews Contractor main subcontractor schedules and ensures that they have been correctly integrated into the overall EPC schedules.
- Reviews Contractor’s vendors and suppliers for both critical equipment and bulks and ensures that they have been correctly integrated into the overall EPC schedules.
- Reviews and endorses schedule and progress baselines and forecast prepared by the Contractor.
- Reviews schedule basis of Contractor change proposals - reviews and endorses changes with regards to schedule and progress impact.
- Supports Project Management with ongoing project schedule and progress analysis, reporting and forecasting activities.
- Develops and maintains project schedules and ensuring that these products reflect the approved project design/execution scope.
- Analyzes schedule trends, develop and review schedule forecasts.
- Conducts periodic meetings with the Contractor to review progress/activities and report on the status of the project to management.
- Provides overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise to the PMT.
- Reviews Contractor project control procedures (home office and field control procedures) to ensure that requirements are met.
- Ensures that the schedule control and progress procedures are executed by the Contractor to monitor its schedule control activities and progress reporting.
- Reviews Contractors schedules. Continually verifies contractors schedules for logical links, durations and overall achievability
- Reviews and checks Contractor progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement. Verifies reviews and endorses claimed progress reported by Contractor.
- Analyzes the planned quantity metrics projections for all disciplines (e.g. Piping, Civil, Electrical, etc.). Monitors actual metrics quantities completed against planned.
- Prepares and compiles Weekly and Monthly Reports (schedule & progress) input to QG Major Projects Reports.
- Responds to ad hoc requests from Business Head and Management related to scheduling and reporting, including development of progress metrics, and/or key performance indicators.
- Participates in gathering and recording Lessons Learned for the project that relate to progress and schedule areas.
- Works effectively within established policies and procedures, and participates in the further development of these to meet changing needs.
Bachelor degree in related subject or equivalent exeprience.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in project scheduling and controls for EPC oil and gas facilities capital projects / operating companies
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of project controls principles, theories, and concepts.
- At least five (5) years site/field scheduling experience.
- Experience developing work methods in accordance to established Company policies, directives from Management, schedules and professional engineering standards.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision.
- Willing and able to travel as required.
- Technical and Business Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Strong planning, organisational and prioritising skills.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer literacy skills (Primavera P6, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Hands on working experience in Primavera P6 Version 18 and above.
- Good knowledge of using Primavera Schedule Risk Analysis software for conducting Schedule Risk Analysis.