Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Planning Engineer to work in Schiedam, Netherlands, on a long-term contract position.
Position Overview: The Planning Engineer is the “scheduler” of the Project or major component of the Project. The Planning Engineer establishes the schedule and monitors the timely completion and progress of the Project by being the connector between all disciplines/activities, and reports to the Planning Manager or the Project Controls Manager (PCM).
- Develop/Execute the planning and progress measurement taking into consideration project constraints and project execution
- Set-up planning tools
- The measure of your effectiveness in this will be: Consistency of planning data and timeliness of the baseline schedule in accordance with the Project Controls Plan
- Gather actuals progress data from disciplines and databases.
- Consolidate and check consistency of actual data.
- Challenge all project stakeholders involved with planning and progress measurement activities
- Update and maintain the schedule, using planning tools.
- Determine schedule impact of all changes envisaged as part of the Management of Change Process
- Issue internal reporting / progress measurement
- Consistency of planning data
- Planning Engineer shall work under the supervision of the Project Controls Manager, Planning Manager, or in autonomy.
- For specific projects / scope of work / phases, you may be requested to act as the planning representative.