Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Planning Engineer to join them for a 1-year contract (renewable) in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Job Holder is responsible for Planning activities mainly relating to Land and Social activities, as well as Environmental activities in Tanzania for EACOP Project. She/He will also support main Corporate activities outside Project Execution and Regulatory Compliance activities.
Specifically, the Job Holder is responsible for:
- Developing an efficient land acquisition planning management system to assist the Land and Social department in monitoring this critical phase of the project.
- Developing an efficient Environmental planning management system to assist the Environmental department in monitoring this critical phase of the project and launching the required studies (e.g ESIA but not limited to)
- Implementing all the means required to ensure the granting of the land to the construction team within the approved project schedule being in full compliance with IFC, HSE and quality standards, business ethics and local governments requirements.
- Elaborating and updating on a very regular basis relevant dashboard that allow close monitoring of the progress.
- Providing Project Management & Corporate Management, including Planning & Performance Team, with insightful reports that effectively allow early identification of deviation, delay with the documentation issuance and implementation of remediation plans where required
The job holder shall control and monitor during the Execution Phase:
- The administrative steps required before the start of the construction (entitlement briefings, compensation agreement…)
- The work performed by the contractors in charge of the replacements housing
- Environmental Requirements
- Corporate activities which have a impact on the Ready-For-Start-Up date of EACOP
- In charge of all schedules and reporting deliverables dealing with the Land and Social, Environmental & Corporate activities
- To ensure identification, tracking and follow-up of land and social, Environmental & Corporate activities. To collect and consolidate construction progress work, performed by various contractors and consultants, and based in several locations.
- To import all progress data into PRIMAVERA planning (with identification of critical path, clashes, early/late start of activity, interfaces clashes)
- To develop/maintain any relevant follow up/KPI dashboards
- To liaise with EACOP Project Management Team and other Project package planning engineers to provide necessary interface data and to ensure coherence and consistence
- To attend various weekly, bi-weekly and monthly meeting from Corporate & Project Teams in order to keep track on activities impacting the Corporate planning, as well as to provide feedback to these Teams on Corporate activities
- To edit regular reporting on Corporate planning activities, including consolidation of sites reports (weekly and monthly) if applicable
- To work under the supervision of Integrated Planning Lead, and should follow the same method for a proper integration of these activities within Integrated Planning.
- To be integrated within the Land & Social as well as Environmental Teams for a proper planning follow-up and management. Trip to the Fields to be expected to understand the various processes and existing challenges.
- To maintain a good and respectful working attitude and good team spirit.
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Professional Experience: 10 years in Oil & Gas industry and major CAPEX Projects, with a preference for Onshore Projects / Pipeline Projects
- Experience in Land Acquisition and/or Environmental activities is a plus
- Experience in similar position: 5+ years in same or connected position, understanding of Field Activities
- Perfect knowledge of Primavera requested and is a must
- Vast experience in MS-Office and Power BI is a must
- Level / Bachelor Degree: Engineer, or equivalent
- Ability to work under pressure and stressing conditions
- Team spirit and adaptability to an international work context
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)