Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Planning Analyst to join them in Maputo, Mozambique on a 12-month contract.
The hired person will be assisting in the preparation and control of company’s plan and budgets, ensuring that the monthly and yearly reporting requirements are met in line with the group reporting deadlines.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Planning Coordinator in the Planning, Budgeting, Reporting and Cost control functions of the company
- Assist in the preparation of the 5-year Business plan, 4-year Strategic plan, Annual budgets and Forecasts in line with the group requirements and deadlines
- Preparation and Monitoring of 4-month cash flow rolling forecast in the reporting systems of the company in line with timelines in order to achieve the cash flow objectives of the company.
- Monitoring of working capital situation of the company and suggest appropriate actions to management where required to optimize working capital balances.
- Updating of the company’s reporting systems-MASTRO, BMS, Segment CS etc. with Actual, Budget and Forecast in line with group deadlines.
- Preparation of the Reporting package for actual and Budget/Forecast and obtaining auditor confirmation for head office reporting.
- Preparation and Analysis of monthly reports of the company for actual vs Budgets and forecasts variances.
- Assistance in preparation of Joint Venture budget for partners.
- Prepare Adhoc financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing Financial information and trends.
- Review appropriateness and correctness of information in the accounting books for monthly, quarterly, half year and year end reporting and identify shortcomings to accounting section.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements of the company on a monthly and yearly basis.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational training & workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Qualification and experience:
- Degree in Finance, Business Admin. Professional or other related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience of working in the Budgeting & Planning Department of a well reputed global /multinational organization
- Knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS) and practices
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system and Hyperion
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Power Point etc.)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Vision and values through project / teamwork
- Ability to adapt to a challenging and developing environment willingness to take on new responsibilities as the business evolves
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, persuasion, motivation and loyalty)
- HSE-related training