Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Planner/Scheduler to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX, for a 12-month assignment – very likely to extend.
The Planner is someone who understands issues and provides solutions to complex problems. He/she must be a high performer, based on prior performance reviews, and seen as a Project Controls specialist across Major Projects department. It is expected to be a Primavera expert and have a solid experience background. Must be secure work as assigned in terms of objectives, relative priorities and critical areas that impact on work of other units.
- Assigned to projects of more than $50MM/year with multiyear duration with an extreme level of complexity
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- May lead functional teams or projects
- Teaches project controls theory across functional areas in Major Projects
- Ability to give clear direction and support to Project Execution personnel
- Considers project impact and effects of decision/solutions
- Can troubleshoot specific controls issues and make applicable changes
- Assigns and outlines work; advises of problems; reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
- Expert user of Primavera P6 software
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in project planning and scheduling and considered an industry leader in the field
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Solves complex problems
- Progression to this level represents a candidate who would be suitable for transitioning to a full Project Management role
- Recognized as an expert in own area within the organization
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills/facilitation
- Capable of making sound judgments, which are reviewed, but which are usually acceptable as accurate and feasible.
- Post-secondary education
- Professional engineering – or its equivalent
- 10+ years working experience
- 2+ of relevant construction or project experience
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification
- Preferred experience with Ecosys.