Our client, an Oil and Gas company is seeking a Piping/Mechanical Engineer for a 12-month renewable contract.
Piping / Mechanical Engineer
Situation in organization
The HCA Gaslift project is founded in the Engineering & Construction Department and the Project Manager reports to Head of Projects.
The Piping/Mechanical Engineer will report directly to the Project Manager of the HCA Gaslift project.
The HCA Gaslift onshore project team will besides Piping / Mechanical Engineer consist of Project Manager, E&I Engineer, Project Assistant and Work preparer.
The project execution is expected to have a duration of 1-1.5 years and with a total budget of 225 MMDKK.
In undertaking this role, the job holder will act, by representation, in the best interest of the company at all times and adhere to the values and principles of the Company Code of Conduct at all times
The jobholder will:
• Participate in the day to day management of the fabrication contractors and the hook-up contractor
• Management and handling of piping/mechanical designs within the project
• As piping/mechanical engineer responsible for all piping / mechanical jobs are carried out offshore according to design
• Together with the rest of the project team ensure that brownfield offshore hook-up contractor has the necessary job card descriptions to
perform the job safely and effective at all times.
• Ensure procedures are correct for the given task. This by active involvement and by participating in the preparation of procedures.
• Validate planning of offshore construction work scope within HCA Gaslift project to ensure optimal execution.
Context and environment
Tasks will be undertaken while working within the HCA Gaslift project. All activities are to be closely coordinated with other parts of the project
team as well as the Engineering and Construction department and external contractors.
Accountable for assuring that all delivered and erected piping materials have the right level of quality and adhere to applicable company rules
and Design Standards and accountable for timely execution and delivery of piping and mechanical part of the project
• Education: Engineering Degree (B.Sc or M.Sc) within relevant engineering discipline.
• 10 years of experience within relevant engineering discipline.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Oil and Gas industry.
• Experience with Project Management and Design Contractor Management
• Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Computer skills: MS Office (MS Project, MS Excel and MS Word), SAP
• Good communication skills for internal and external relationships
• Autonomous, results oriented, accountable and problem solving capabilities
• Quality of persuasion, must be able to manage resistance to change
• Strong relational skills, listening and communication; Team spirit and concept of service