Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Piping Package Engineer to work in their facilities located in Schiedam, Netherlands under a 4-6 months contract.
This person is responsible for the assessment, tracking and keeping updated requirements on the whole piping package. He/she will work closely with the Package manager.
- Understand the technical requirements of the package
- Set-up the package by collecting lessons learned, multi-disciplinary input and defining package gates and planning accordingly.
- Ensure that the tactical management of the procurement process is conducted appropriately (RFQ preparation, bid clarification meeting, negotiation, vendor selection, recommendation to purchase) and in full compliance with Company working procedures.
- Measure realized savings for the package arising from the implementation of the procurement category strategy as defined in the PPS.
- Be accountable for the successful delivery of the assigned package inclusive of proper application of vendor manufacturing management (VMM) process & package dashboard reporting
- Develop vendor quality awareness and ensure that quality controls are performed during vendor manufacturing process as per QCP
- Monitor package execution through package gates, and proactively raise alerts to implement action plan in case of potential issue (such as schedule, cost, quality, contract…)
- During internal contract check points, provide active support to Project Buyer for contractual risks management and vendor claim management
- Perform the overall rating of vendor for his/her package
- Support Package Manager to develop standard quality control plans
- Support Package Manager to evaluate category profile, vendor capabilities & performance and improvement areas
- Ensure continuous improvement and package learning by sharing package best practices and package lessons learnt.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume.