PIPING MATERIAL ENGINEER
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Piping Material Engineer to work within their facilities in Schiedam, Netherlands for a long-term contract.
Within this position you will be responsible for utilizing discipline knowledge and experience of engineering principles, procedures, and materials to ensure the engineering design is properly translated into specifications, drawings, datasheets, and purchase orders.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Identify innovative methods to perform assigned tasks ensuring all required material is functional and accounted for within a design and in accordance with international codes, Company specifications, and industry standards and regulations
- Technical responsibility for the design, procurement, and manufacture of the Package
- Prioritize assigned activities to deliver a safe, efficient design and meet construction and installation milestones
Previous education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years relevant experience in the design and engineering of topsides modules (fixed offshore platforms or floating offshore structures such as FPSO's and/or Semi Submersibles)
- Knowledge of ABS, DNV, API codes and standards