Airswift has been tasked by one of our major downstream clients to seek a Piping Designer to work within their facilities located Billings, MT for an initial 12-month contract, potential extension.
Within this position, you will be responsible for collaborating with other offices, field data gathering, the arrangement and layout of equipment.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Coordination of engineering and design activities with other project disciplines
- Assist in schedule development as part of interactive planning sessions with other project team members
- Maintain control of project piping scope, budget, and schedule
- Preparation of plot plans, equipment layout, nozzle orientations
- Development of orthographic and isometric drawings
- Generate/review piping specifications and obtain vendor quotation
- Provide input for vendor equipment coordination for piping
- Provide material take-off and costs for project estimates
- Develop construction specifications and scope of work documentation
- Perform field verification activities
- Support construction, commissioning and start-up activities
Previous education and experience required:
- Domestic and international travel is required (Up to 20%)
- AA in drafting/design or BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience
- Piping experience in pulp and paper, semiconductor, oil and gas, and/or chemical industries
- Familiarity with ASME Piping Codes.
- Knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API and other applicable codes