Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Piping Designer to work within their facilities in Borger for a long-term contract.
Within this position, you will be responsible for collaborating with other offices, field data gathering, the preparation and layout of equipment and the design of the connecting piping systems.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Coordinate design duties with other project disciplines
- Assist in schedule development
- Maintain control of project piping scope
- Prepare plot plans, equipment layout, nozzle orientations
- Develop orthographic and isometric drawings
- Review piping specifications
- Deliver input for vendor equipment coordination for piping
- Improve construction specifications and scope of work documentation
- Perform field verification duties
- Support construction, commissioning and start-up activities.
- Lead designers to execute projects
- Perform mechanical QA/QC examination on piping projects
Previous education and experience required:
- AA in drafting/design or BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Piping experience in pulp and paper, semiconductor, oil, and gas, and/or chemical industries
- Knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API, and other applicable codes