Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Piping Designer to work within their facilities located in Cincinnati, OH for a 12-months contract.
Senior Piping Designer to work on projects including state-of-the-art industrial and commercial facilities. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will review vendor drawings, execute piping engineering design, and develop design estimates. You’ll also have the chance to utilize your technical expertise to mentor other professionals, helping your team discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose, and guiding them forward. Remote and hybrid working environments are possible.
- Designs components or portions of systems and modifies existing designs to develop or improve them.
- Uses computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools.
- Responsible for assisting with the drafting/design effort on projects under the supervision of more senior designers or engineers.
- Gathers information, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepares original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Coordinates design criteria with engineering, tooling, material, and planning group in accordance with contractual specifications.
- Performs routine tasks under close supervision using well-defined standards and procedures.
- May assist supervisor in accomplishing field design work to ascertain current conditions, locate new systems and communicate with client personnel.
- May lead a section or group of designers/drafters, usually on a single project in a specialized field.
- Has a good understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Performs work of more complex scope.
- Execute work within approved budgets, develop progress reports, interface with clients and direct the efforts of lesser experienced designers/drafters.
- Interacts with internal and client personnel.
- Site work and periodic travel required.
- Associate degree (AA) in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design or similar technical degree.
- At least 10 - 15 years of relevant piping design experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of piping design in 2D/3D modeling software such as Hexagon SmartPlant, Autodesk Plant 3D
- Proficient use of AutoCAD software required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Other design software, such as Navisworks/ MicroStation.
Nice to Have:
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred.