Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Pipeline Engineer to work within their facilities located in Midland, TX for a 12-month contract.
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
- Plan and manage the pipeline and subsea activities in early part of the project phases.
- Provide pipeline engineering inputs.
- Provide technical authority assurance role.
- Define fit for purpose pipeline solutions.
- Lead pipeline feasibility and concept select studies, performing pipeline routing studies, execute hydraulic analyses, perform onshore/offshore pipeline mechanical design including support for material selection, cost estimating and constructability reviews.
- Project Management and supervision of 3rd Party Contractor activities, review, improve and approve Front End Engineering and Design, and Detailed Design documents.
- Assess development risks, including HS&E assessment, and propose mitigation plan.
- Plan and implement assurance process at key stages of the development. - Support the Business Planning and Work Program and Budget exercise.
- Focus on Standard Solution & New Business Development opportunities from identify stage to Basis for Design. - Ensure deployment of new technology and drive applications gaining acceptance with the projects/assets leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty or equivalent professional experience.
- 7-10 years of closely related professional experience.
- At least 5 years of oil and gas experience.
- Broad experience in business and project planning, in dealing with front end project delivery and working with sub-surface disciplines.
- Broad knowledge of offshore facilities, and offshore facilities project delivery and awareness of worldwide practices, successes, failures, and technical benchmarks.
- Broad knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs.