Airswift. Overhead Crane Inspector. Houston, TX.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek Crane Inspector to join them on a 6-month contract with the possibility extend in Houston, TX.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Inspection of overhead crane systems & installs of new and/or preexisting systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair and inspect overhead cranes and hoists. Certified inspection training available.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on equipment.
- Support customers & maintain customer integrity by effectively interfacing with both customer and office in repairing equipment as needed.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs for customers.
- Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; and recommending system improvements.
- Service overhead crane systems by performing quality installations; performing OSHA/ANSI equivalent inspections; documenting and completing warranty work; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; and responding to repair calls.
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, and inspection checklist.
- Builds and maintains customer confidence by maintaining good response time, informing customer of problems, and completing the job in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional presentation, timeliness, appearance, and organization in all areas.
- Equipment used to perform job: Hand tools; power tools; lift equipment; material handling equipment; fabrication equipment; electrical meters and equipment; ear plugs; steel-toed boots/shoes; gloves; safety glasses; lanyard; and body harness
- Ability to perform inspections to OSHA/ANSI/CCMA criteria
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits/components
- Ability to assemble/disassemble and repair complex machinery typically without assembly/disassembly instructions of any kind
- Ability to work at heights. Heights may be as much as 10' to 100'.
- Willingness to travel.
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.