Our client, a major Oil and Gas company is seeking a PI Developer to work in Calgary for a 12 month contract subject to extension.
The primary focus of the role is to provide development support to OSI PI, PI Vision, and PI AF and to integrate the develop of data and information from KDU assets into analytics, displays and reports using OSI PI and other applications. The incumbent would develop Production, Chemicals and Artificial Lift performance monitoring as directed by IOC and under the technical supervision of the ACOT team. The incumbent would work as part of the ACOT team to develop, correct, maintain and enhance applications for existing Pads in collaboration with Calgary based ACOT Applications staff.
- Coordinate works requests from IOC with the Calgary ACOT Applications team for design, documentation, development, testing and deployment. Support the update of IOC ACOT Applications work tracking systems.
- Coordinate IOC legacy pad data additions, fixes and changes to PI, PLC, RTU and SCADA with Calgary ACOT Applications team, Field Automation Engineering and Field Maintenance through IT Tickets, Work Orders and Engineering MOCs (Management of Change).
- Coordinate with ACOT Applications team changes/additions to PI AF (Asset Framework) Templates, Asset Configurations, Event Frames, SQC, Rollup Calculations, Analyses, AF Attributes/Mapping, Totalizers, Email Notifications and legacy Performance Equations.
- Read and interpret P&IDs, PFDs, Shutdown Keys, Control Narratives in defining scope of Pads, applications and data required for IOC applications.
- Add, delete, revise and configure PI tags, graphics and analytics as required for new well pad and facility projects..
- Add, delete, or modify PI tags and data points and configuration for additions, deletions and modifications to existing Integrated Operations Center PI Vision graphics and PI AF analytics as required to support legacy and new installations.
- Where points do not exist, review RTU/PLC programs to determine source and add to database.
- Where RTU/PLC source does not exist, coordinate and or modify the RTU/PLC program.
- Work with automation engineers and technicians to add delete source tags as require to field automation equipment such as RTUs, PLCs and meters.
- Provide day-to-day support to IOC for PI enhancements for legacy Pads and issues affecting data quality and applications. Direct and coordinate AF support and infrastructure issues to ACOT Calgary team via IT tickets.
- Under the direction of the ACOT Applications team work with IOC stakeholders to gather requirements, develop design, document in FDS (Functional Design Specification) new or enhancements to the design of IOC applications per development Applications Procedure
- Add new IOC applications to Applications development checklists and tracking systems
- Support the ACOT Applications team in developing scope and Project MOC to add new applications to the Pad Integration Teams scope so that new Pads are incorporated into those applications, tested and commissioned as part of the Pad project.
- Develop PI database for IOC using PI SMT (System Manager Tools) and or PI Builder tools per CBU PI standards.
- Develop PI Vision, Process Book, Datalink (including VB/VBA macros and programming) visualizations, reporting and trends in development environment per CBU PI and Applications standards and procedures
- Coordinate Peer review with ACOT Applications team in development environment and deployment to Production system post IOC acceptance testing per development procedure. Complete applications development checklist, update punch lists and complete deficiencies.
- 5 + years of relevant industrial experience preferably upstream oil & gas
- Must have 5 + years developing OSI PI Applications using PI SMT (System Manager Tools) and PI Builder tools including tag configuration, compression/exception settings, ranges, address locations, scan classes, tag security, naming, descriptors and Engineering Units.
- Must have 5 + years OSI PI visualization, reports, trends and dashboards using PI Process Book, PI Vision, PI Datalink and related tools such as Excel. Expert level MS Excel including macros and VB/VBA programming.
- Prefer 3-5 years advanced OSI PI applications development using PI AF (Asset Framework) Templates, Asset Configurations, Event Frames, SQC, Rollup Calculations, Analyses, AF Attributes/Mapping, Totalizers, Notifications and legacy Performance Equations
- Prefer 3-5 years programming RTU/PLC ladder logic, Modbus mapping and database systems such as Kepware. Must have at least ability to read these programs if no actual programming experience.
- SQL database programming skills and knowledge preferred
- Microsoft Power Bi skills and knowledge preferred
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, PFDs, Shutdown Keys and Control Narratives
- Knowledge of SCADA telecommunications, SCADA systems, industrial data communications and Networking
- Experience developing user requirements and design basis documentation with stakeholders
- Objective and structured thinker with strong aptitude towards developing processes and support systems
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada