Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Petroleum Systems Analyst to join their team located in Houston, TX for a Long-Term contract with possibility of extension.
Coordinate, plan, deliver and interpret the analytical geochemistry programs for many upcoming wells in the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Collaboration and effective communication across Subsurface and Wells teams and with industry partners
- Define the data acquisition program for each well, including mud gas logging, isotube analysis, Isojar collection and fluid sampling for each well.
- Create a pre-drill temperature profile prediction for the well using 1D basin models and offset well data, consistent with company workflows.
- Liaise with Renewal/Depletion Geoscientists to ensure the well planning activities meet the target objectives and desired outcomes articulated for the well
- Participate in NWD/subsurface operations meetings as required, providing relevant interpretations as needed
- Real time mud logging (advanced mud logging) interpretation to estimate fluid property and to support well integrity assessment.
- Regular meeting with partners
- Interpretation of mudgas and isotobe data
- The role will report to the Geology Discipline Leader for Petroleum Systems, the individual will be expected to follow the relevant company internal workflows and processes.
- The contractor will work closely with other Petroleum Systems Analysts in the Houston office and will ensure work is peer assisted / reviewed as needed.
- Experience of organic geochemistry, especially as it relates to well planning and operations, is essential.
- University Degree in Geology or related subject
- 5-10 years of relevant industry experience, including some in an Exploration and geological well planning environment.
- Essential industry experience in the areas of Petroleum Systems Analysis, organic geochemistry and basin modelling.
- Experience of planning, delivering and interpreting analytical geochemistry programs for wells is essential.
- Experience with deep water Gulf of Mexico exploration and development wells is highly desirable.
- Experience of Petromod and Zetaware basin modelling tools is desirable.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume.