Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Payroll Tax Specialist to work in Pasadena, CA on a 7-months contract position with possibility of turning permanent.
- 5-6 years payroll tax experience
- Experience with high-volume, multi-state payroll for large organizations with payroll taxes handled internally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Lookup) and Word
- ADP PayForce, ADP Smart Compliance, ADP Adjustmate (Tax Amendments), Oracle
- Research and resolve payroll tax notices for multi-state tax entities
- As part of tax notice research processes, it may be necessary to reconcile QTD and YTD tax amounts withheld, reported, and deposited on quarterly and annual basis for assigned entities
- Be accountable for tactical month, quarter, and year end close processes, including validation of 941s, 940s, and W2s.
- Investigate and review all payroll tax agency notices and ensure timely execution of resolution on federal, state and local jurisdictions
- Track and maintain status of tax inquires in Payroll Tax Log through resolution and review with Senior Tax Analyst
- Coordinate amendment tax filings for Senior Tax Analyst to review.
- Audit employees’ tax setup to identify discrepancies to maintain compliance with work and resident state taxation regulations and coordinate corrections with Global HR
- Work with Finance to resolve tax inquires/adjustments affecting general ledger posting
- Research and track all payroll tax refund
- Prepare registrations for new SIT, SUI, Local tax ID’s