Airswift is seeking a Payroll Specialist I to work in San Ramon, CA, on a 7-months contract with a major energy company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand all aspects of payroll such as local payroll laws and regulations.
- Use independent judgment to research and respond to inquiries received from Time Administrators, HR and employees.
- Provide guidance and explanations on time coding, disability, legal garnishments, final pay calculations, etc.
- Provide counsel to employees on the interpretation of Company policy (e.g. relocation), FLSA or state labor law regulations, etc.
- Updating of employee payroll records and forms.
- Analyze disability and workers compensation cases and applies sound understanding of federal / state disability laws to calculate and determine proper disability adjustments to employees.
- Prioritize daily work responsibilities, as appropriate, to ensure that Payroll Processing is meeting business and legal requirements.
- Bachelors degree or 5-10 years of comparable Payroll experience/credentials
- Analytical Skills; demonstrated ability to perform accurate and timely analysis of data with attention to details.
- Fluent in MS Office suite; particularly in Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with various levels of customers; managers and peers.
- Knowledge of SAP (e.g. SAP PCH) and Workday
- Familiar with Canada payroll regulations