Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Payroll Specialist to work on a 11 months contract.
- Understand all aspects of payroll such as local payroll laws and regulations.
- Use independent judgment to research and respond to inquiries received from Time Administrators, HR and employees.
- Provide guidance and explanations on time coding, disability, legal garnishments, final pay calculations, etc.
- Provide counsel to employees on the interpretation of Company policy (e.g. relocation), FLSA or state labor law regulations, etc.
- Updating of employee payroll records and forms.
- Analyze disability and workers’ compensation cases and applies sound understanding of federal / state disability laws to calculate and determine proper disability adjustments to employees.
- Prioritize daily work responsibilities, as appropriate, to ensure that Payroll Processing is meeting business and legal requirements.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-10 years of comparable Payroll experience/credentials
- Analytical Skills; demonstrated ability to perform accurate and timely analysis of data with attention to details.
- Fluent in MS Office suite; particularly in Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with various levels of customers; managers and peers.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple tasks while working with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional teamwork and customer focus.
• Knowledge of SAP (e.g. SAP PCH) and Workday
• Familiar with Canada payroll regulations
This position will be fully remote working PST core hours (7:30am - 4:30pm)