Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas customers to seek for an Order Management Specialist to work within their facilities located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a 1-year contract.
The Order Management (“OM”) Specialist is the customer’s key contact point when placing orders for International, Domestic Marine and Energy products and services. The role includes helping to manage the customer relationship on behalf of International, Domestic Marine and Energy, and managing the entire order to invoice process are the key activities within the Order-to-Cash (O2C) process.
The OM Specialist is expected to ensure customer order is compliant with brand offer before order placement, and keep customer appraised of the delivery progress (i.e., changes to vessel ETA and nominated port, product shortages, out of hours incidents, price enquiries etc.). Therefore, the role requires:
- Deep understanding of customer service processes, and demonstration of customer service and ownership mindset; and,
- Understanding of complexities in the shipping, marine and energy market, and its global supply network.
- Establish and manage strong relationship between distributor/supplier, customer and sales manager by being the primary point of contact for customers. Expected to have regular communication with purchasers, Chief Engineers/ Ship Captain, Sales Managers and Supply / Logistics staff anywhere in the world.
- Responsible for all day-to-day customer service-related operational tasks such as, receiving enquiries and orders from customers through phone, email and fax, are all diligently attended and completed (all necessary information are collected and promptly acknowledged and that the order meets the business/customer expectations.) within the contractual turnaround time.
- Accountable to ensure all the orders are accurate, compliant, informative and good quality.
- Ensure strong collaboration with Credit team to ensure sufficient credit for order can be processed smoothly.
- Take proactive action to monitor the orders to ensure orders are delivered on time.
- Highlight/escalate to superior/line manager for any potential issue with the order that could result in escalations.
- Responsible to record and log all customer complaints and non-conformances in given portals/databases.
- Managing an order through multiple systems (Salesforce, Genesys, SAP, Manta, JDE, etc.)
- High attention to detail to ensure delivery is on time whereby placement of order must be accurate and on time to meet the supply lead time.
- Ensure the order is accurately priced to have an accurate invoice generated to the customer.
- Managing the vessel at different geographics and timezone.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Computer / Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Accredited as Lean Practitioner is desirable.
- Shared service centre experience.
- Oil and gas industry experience.
- Stakeholder engagement (internally & externally)
- Written and spoken proficiency in English language.
- Able to prioritise, handle urgent issues and situations, following through to resolution in a timely manner and focusing efforts to deliver business values.
- Able to multi-tasks and work in a highly dynamic yet fast-moving environment.
- Deep experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Good interpersonal, influential and decision-making skills in order to manage relationships with key stakeholders and customers.
*Kindly be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.