Airswift is seeking an Operator in Training to work on a 3-months assignment in Fayetteville, AR for a large E&C company.
- High school diploma or GED
- This position typically holds or is working on first level water/wastewater treatment certification.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools employed in the general operations of engines, pumps, and related equipment; general maintenance work; safe work practices; basic biological and chemical principles.
- Performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a water/wastewater treatment plant on an assigned shift.
- Learns and gains skills involving the maintenance of equipment and servicing work in the plant
- Operates treatment facilities to control flow and processing of water/wastewater, sludge, and effluent
- Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control, starts and stops pumps, engines and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
- Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
- Observes and reports abnormalities to supervisor
- Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
- Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
- Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Performs other duties as required