Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an Operator to work in their facilities located in Renton, WA on a 3+ months contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
· Join a collaborative team ensuring that our clients can deliver their services – uninterrupted.
· Perform a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a water treatment plant.
· Diagnosing, operating problems, directing and performing necessary corrective action, and providing effective solutions to complex challenges that may arise
· Read gauges and meters, starts and stops equipment, and operate valves to route and control flow, make process control adjustments, determine and set proper chemical dosage and flow rates, and operate PLCs and SCADA systems.
· Prepare reports, maintain complete record keeping procedures, conduct meetings and training sessions pertaining to safety and process control, and perform other duties as required.
· Ensure the safety, health and well-being of you and your team.
Previous education & experience required:
- Washington State Waterworks Operator WTPO 3 or equivalent or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- 2 years of experience operating a water treatment facility
- Experience with sound safety principles and practices
- Experience with computer operations with the ability to prepare spreadsheets and word processing documents, and enter information into maintenance management system
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, data management systems and be able to operate plant PLC’s and SCADA systems
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools employed in the general operation of engines, pumps, valves, motors, and related equipment; general maintenance work; safe work practices; principles and methods of biological and chemical sewage analyses, effects and problems of industrial waste in water/wastewater treatment processes, principles of supervision