Our client, a major Oil and Gas company is looking for an Operations Engineer to work on a 6 months contract in Rio de Janeiro, RJ.
• Main Responsibilities and Activities (as listed but not limited to the following):
• Ensure the Trident Drilling Management System (DMS) is followed during well plug and abandonment activities
• Promote HSEQ awareness of workforce and contractors and ensure HSE given the highest priority on the
• Manage any quality assurance of services, materials, equipment, and personnel associated with downhole plug
and abandonment activity.
• Prepare and review operational procedures for plug and abandonment operations (focused on through tubing
operations) in conjunction with the service provider with the focus on the overall well activity, such but not limited
to: Slickline/ Wireline (plugs/ valves removal, tubing puncher, drifting, casing collar locator, etc.), Coil tubing (valve
milling operations, inflatable packer running, cement job, etc.), Cement job operation and other services required
for full permanent plug and abandonment operation.
• Accountable for all well abandonment, mobilisation, installation and decommissioning activities
• Contribute and participate in IWOP's (Intervention Well On Paper) as part of project commencement
• Contribute to well and operations hazard assessments identification and HAZOPs and compiling well risk register
• Participate in weekly planning conference calls with the main contractors
• Once Vessel activities start, participate on onshore daily morning calls with service contractors
• Eventual offshore visit might require during the execution of the project.
• Once vessel activities start, ensure accuracy of Daily Reports by checking daily and providing quality assurance.
• Ensure compliance with Brazilian and Trident Energy incident management procedures, emergency response
procedures and incident notification/investigation procedures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Either Portuguese as first language or some
previous knowledge of the language;
• Engineering Degree
• At least 10 years overall oil field, drilling, completions workover experience
• At least 7 years offshore (subsea wells) experience
• 3 years Operator experience in Brazil or International highly desired
• Experience with offshore rig operations is a plus, focused on well intervention riser systems
• Experience with through tubing wireline/slickline operations is a plus.
• Experience with tubing conveyed perforating job design and execution is a plus
• Experience with Plug and Abandonment operations is a plus
• Experience with subsea Christmas trees is a plus
• Positive attitude and high energy individual, self-motivated to deliver top quartile performance (operational &
• Track record of delivery in similar positions
• Strong attitude for problem solving
• Strong personal desire for project ownership combined with willing accountability for delivery
• Proven experience leading operational teams combined with project management skills
• IT Skills: Full proficiency on MS Office (MS Project desirable)