Our client, a highly regarded global producer of renewable energy assets, has an opportunity for a Full-time Permanent Operations Controller to join their team in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory.
This company has experienced organic growth throughout their global business and in the last 10 years has been the operator for several Australian landmark projects including wind energy, solar generation, and large-scale battery storage. With a portfolio of assets, they require highly motivated team members who’re responsible for the safe and efficient monitoring and control of their energy portfolio.
The successful candidate will join a team of multi-disciplinary energy specialists who understand the critical nature of energy assets, they will be rostered onto a 24/7 shift roster, operating 365 days per year. Shifts are 12 hours and include night & day shifts, shifts are balanced with regular days off, please enquire directly for more information on the roster system.
- Work closely with Asset Managers and Market Managers to always ensure the safe operation of assets.
- Monitoring and controlling the assets via SCADA systems, reacting to new and developing events in the Australian National Electricity Market.
- Contribution/Production of daily, weekly & quarterly operational reports.
- Writing and maintaining up to date departmental procedures and guides under the lead of Market Managers and Asset Managers.
- Analysing assets operational data and providing first line reports to the revenue management and asset management teams both within Australia and globally.
- Continuous improvement of systems, functions and procedures to deliver increased performance based on Key Performance Indicators.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Relevant degree in engineering, data science, commerce, or similar field
- Comfortable using Excel, analysing data, and communicating results
- Reliable, organised and team focused
- Available for a 24/7 shift-based system 365 days per year
- Previous experience in a control centre is highly regarded
- Two industry relevant Referees
Due to the nature of this role we are only able to accept applicants who are eligible to live and work full time in Australia.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
My client recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds. In addition, we recognise that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you have any questions please contact Tayla Jeromson by email Tayla.Jeromson@airswift.com
Airswift is a global workforce solutions provider specializing in oil & gas, power, infrastructure and technology. We serve as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.