Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is hiring an Oil Settlements Specialist to work on a 12-month contract (renewable) located in Houston, TX
The professional will be responsible for the settlement and invoicing process and related Oil and Gas activities and will work with individuals and departments across the organization such as Front Office Trading and Operations departments, SOX, and Operating risk department, accounting team, contracts team, among others.
- Manage commodity settlements, accruals, and the monthly close process
- Investigate and resolve daily operational issues (e.g. invoice pricing or volumetric differences) and coordinate with trade operations and risk to make corrections in the system as needed
- Verify invoice pricing and quantity and support agree to commodity contract
- Advise/mentor peers on matters involving indirect taxes
- Ensure the alignment between Position Keeping System and SAP, and all required internal controls are performed in compliance with SOX and Italian law 231, including assisting with an annual review of accounting procedures, internal control testing, and coordination with auditors and SOX Administrator (Comply all SOX requirements)
- Participate in the preparation of Key Performance Indicators
- Assist accounting/treasury team in forecasting and cash application
- Assist in the reconciliation and analysis of accounting P&L
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with constituent staff and management
- Adhere to all organizational and professional ethical standards
- Other tasks and duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- CPA, CFE, CISA, CIA, or other relevant designation is not essential but would be a plus.
- 3 - 5 years experience in Oil & Gas back-office activities
- Domestic Crude and petroleum pipeline and cargo settlement experience required.
- Gas settlement knowledge would be a plus
- SAP and Microsoft Office and commodities trading risk management (CTRM) software required (Endur is preferred)
- Experience with SOX controls.
- Experience with indirect taxes is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail is critical.
Note: Some overtime may be required during peak work cycles.