Our major client in Oil & Gas industry, is seeking an Instrument Technician to work within their facilities located in North Slope, AK for a long-term assignment.
- This job is responsible for testing, inspecting, installing, repairing, and maintaining instruments and control equipment in the Badami facility.
- Updates all electrical and instrumentation diagrams, documentation, and PLC programs in accordance with the Company requirements.
- This position is a combination of shop and field work and can involve exposure to arctic cold weather conditions.
- Review P&ID’s, schematic drawings, loop drawings, blueprints, and job specifications to determine work requirements.
- Test, inspect, repair, install, and maintain instruments and control equipment, including electrical systems, signal generating instruments, control system, programmable logic controllers, and power distribution systems.
- Test and record varying conditions such as vibration, temperature, humidity pressure, liquid flow and level, altitude, acceleration, conductivity, and stress.
- Perform energy isolation tasks on high and low voltage and pressure systems in a safe manner.
- Perform loop checks and troubleshoot systems for operational efficiency.
- Calibrate and adjust instruments using tools and equipment such as deadweight testers.
- Prepare material take offs and order the required supplies and equipment through the Badami Materials Coordinator.
- Maintain records, logs and schedules of all requests and work orders.
- Complete instrument related PM’s as schedule by the maintenance planner position.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Two-year Instrument technician training class or a minimum of 6 years related training and experience.
- Need a working knowledge of PLC’s (programmable logic controls) and distributed control systems.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry and the arctic environment is preferred.