Our client, a major offshore wind operator, is currently searching for a number of Offshore Termination & Joint Inspectors (some based onshore and some offshore).
Please note that there are two different work schedules on offer, one based onshore and one based offshore. Both require valid offshore certificates. Successful applicants will be allocated one schedule (not both).
Schedule 1 (Onshore)
- Start Date: 7th June
- Location: Grimsby (Onshore - offshore certs are still required)
- Duration: 2 months (with potential for 1-2 month extension)
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (12 hour days)
- IR35 Status: PAYE - inside IR35
Schedule 2 (Offshore)
- Start Date: 2nd August
- Location: Offshore (via Grimsby)
- Duration: 5 months (with potential for 1-2 month extension)
- Work Schedule: 14 days on, 14 days off (12 hour days)
- IR35 Status: LTD CO - outside of IR35
Requirements for both schedules
Compulsory: Seafarers Offshore Medical, One Day First Aid Course, Firefighting course, Sea survival, and transfer training, Climbing and Rescue at heights training, confined space training, Helicopter transfer, and NFPA 70E training (US)
Desirable: HV/MV Jointing training or experience, VLF testing training or experience, OTDR testing training or experience, Safe Work in High Voltage Substation Environments and Safe Work in Low Voltage Substation Environments
Applicants must possess the skills of HV/MV cable jointing/termination, cable ladder/cleating systems, subsea cable hang-off systems, earthing and bonding of cable systems, CDM regulations 2015.